Website Landwehr Construction
If it involves Construction. It involves Landwehr.
Job Title: Commercial Motor Vehicle Technician/Mechanic
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Authorization/Supervision: Shop Foreman
The primary function of the position will be to diagnose and repair commercial motor vehicles, including trailers at various job sites or at the maintenance shop. This individual must be flexible and open to possible overtime throughout the construction season. This individual must also be able to make timely repairs, provide ongoing maintenance, and monitor vehicles. This is a full time, year-round, non-union position.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Tool Allowance
- Uniform Service
- Mentorship program
- iPad and cell phone for work purposes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and inspect all commercial motor vehicles to determine needed repairs.
- Discuss vehicle problems with supervisor and others as needed.
- Repair, replace, calibrate, adjust and/or rebuild components.
- Test repaired vehicles for proper operation.
- Inspect, add and/or change fluids and lubricants for all types of commercial motor vehicles.
- Check and replace worn parts and perform other routine service and maintenance.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, equipment and commercial motor vehicles.
- Perform necessary welding and fabrication.
- Remain current with knowledge of commercial motor vehicles to be serviced.
- Assist with ordering parts, materials and supplies needed for repair and maintenance.
- Use of electronic maintenance system to create work orders, track labor hours and materials.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness while working at job sites and at the shop.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred, or ability and willingness to obtain.
- DOT Certification is preferred, or ability and willingness to obtain.
Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Landwehr Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.