Website Landwehr Construction
If It Involves Construction, It Involves Landwehr.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalency
Experience: 5 years of construction management or field supervision experience in Heavy Civil construction industry with grading and underground utility experience preferred.
Objective: To provide leadership and oversight of Landwehr Construction, Inc.’s (LCI) field operations while promoting a culture of success through employee development and recognition.
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Job Environment: This position requires the majority of time spent in the field. Travel may be required, at times over night. The Construction Foreman will interact on a day to day basis with project managers, dispatch, shop and field personnel.
Relationships/Management: The position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, other department managers and support personnel and will interact with external sources such as engineers, subcontractors, vendors, and other governmental entities.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a strong culture of safety to all employees.
- Understand and ensure compliance with environmental and other regulatory permitting authorities.
- Promote quality workmanship exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Provide leadership to ensure productivity and efficient utilization of manpower, equipment and materials.
- Monitor project schedule and continuously communicate status to project manager.
- Assess job site priorities and assign field personnel accordingly.
- Strong understanding of plans & specifications along with the ability to communicate to field personnel.
- Utilize construction-based software to track quantities, labor, equipment hours, change orders, etc. Experience with HCSS preferred.
- Participates in the preconstruction planning process assisting the project manager in the development of work plan and cost control template (phase codes).
- Provide mentorship in the development of skills for field personnel.
- Promote positive employee relations and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
- Administer discipline in a fair manner consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Assist with hiring/terminations as called upon.
- Collaborate with EEO Officer to support employment of women and minorities in the field.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Always place safety as the top priority.
- Thorough knowledge of construction technology.
- Must be comfortable using computer and associated software.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with field personnel, customers and outside agencies at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage own time and field personnel time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Needs to be able to take and give directions from and to others.
- Must be vested in the success of others committed to mentor, teach, and lead.
- Must be able to be an independent thinker.
- Must be organized, effectively meet deadlines and communicate well with others.
- Valid driver’s license. Class A preferred.
Landwehr Construction offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.