Website Landwehr Construction
If It Involves Construction, It Involves Landwehr.
Landwehr Construction, Inc.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Exemption Status: Exempt
Date: April 1, 2021
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
Experience: Minimum five years of experience in progressive Human Resources roles.
Minimum five years of experience in Human Resources supervisory role.
Three year’s experience minimum in labor relations, multiple state and union environment.
SHRM certification preferred.
Objective: Lead the Human Resources Department.
Nature and Scope
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Job Environment: This position will be located at the St. Cloud corporate office. Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Start and end times will vary according to workload.
Relationships/Management: This position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, leadership, other department managers and support personnel. Additionally, the position will also interact with various trade associations, labor unions, and governmental entities.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes Human Resource programs, policies and practices including but not limited to; compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, FMLA, performance and talent management, recognition, training and development, employee relations and coaching.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance and makes improvement recommendations to Leadership.
- Planning, development, implementation, and management of new and revised compensation programs, and procedures to align with the company’s goals and competitive practices.
- Maintain and negotiate union labor agreements.
- Manages a compensation plan by conducting periodic market surveys, job evaluations, performance reviews and providing recommendations to Senior Administration.
- Develops and updates job requirements and job descriptions within FLSA rules for all positions and career path options. Keeping affirmative Action/ EEOC compliant in recruiting efforts.
- Act as the organizations Equal Employment Opportunity Officer.
- Train and coach Supervisors/ Managers in Employee Relations and Talent Management procedures.
- Establishes and executes candidate recruiting, applicant tracking system, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies needed, and interviewing and selection process.
- Develop and execute new hire orientation. Manage on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Advise operational leaders on terminations, retention efforts, employee reviews and performance management. Drive the annual review process in partnership with Management Staff.
- Manage investigations and investigate concerns with strict confidentiality.
- Maintains employee benefits programs; keeping apprised of benefit trends, make recommendations to Senior Administration, educating employees on benefit offerings and maintaining competitive pricing on benefit programs.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, professional knowledge, and regulatory changes in employment law. Implements needed change and ability to stay current with changes in employment law.
- Maintains compliance and retains required HR files and records. Performs periodic audits of HR records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications done in partnership with safety and training staff members.
- Partner and process Workers Compensation with Safety team members.
- Manage planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Supervise, train, and mentor, HR team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Must be a team player, collaborative.
- Promote positive employee relations and treat all employees with dignity and respect.
- Open, honest and consistent communicator providing timely information for the good of the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity, ability to maintain confidential information.
- Analytical abilities.
- Agent of change.
- Steward of company culture.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with Staff, Peers, Employees and Leadership.
- Coach and mentor interest and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with staff, customers and outside agencies at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, meet deadlines, and communicate with those requesting project help.
- Valid driver’s license.
Landwehr Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.