Website Landwehr Construction
If It Involves Construction, It Involves Landwehr.
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Exemption Status: Exempt
Authorization/Supervision: General Superintendent
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalency
Experience: 5 years of logistics or construction-related experience in Heavy Civil construction industry.
Objective: To provide leadership in the efficient deployment and utilization of LCI assets. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the dispatch of LCI equipment and trucking along with providing oversight of LCI yards.
Nature and Scope
Company Environment: Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a fifth-generation company with its original start in 1895. Landwehr Construction, Inc. is a diverse construction company focusing in areas including, but not limited to, demolition, box culverts, highway heavy, utility, crane rental, energy and helical piers. Landwehr Construction, Inc. employs both union and non-union staff and works primarily in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Job Environment: This position will require both office time and field time throughout the year. The Logistics Supervisor will interact on a day to day basis with the General Superintendent, Project Managers, Construction Foremen, Equipment Manager, and Crane Dispatch. The Logistics Supervisor position is a full time, year-round position.
Relationships/Management: The position will interact with all levels of personnel within the company including union and non-union employees, other department managers and support personnel. Additionally, the Logistics Supervisor will interact with external sources including customers, outsourced trucking companies, and various vendors.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes a strong culture of safety throughout the organization.
- Provides supervision to driver group and yard personnel.
- Efficient scheduling and deployment of LCI trucks, manages external trucking and miscellaneous hourly work including coordinating billing with accounting.
- Efficient planning and scheduling of LCI equipment and coordination of equipment transport including securing required permits.
- Accumulate monthly truck logs and provide to accounting for IFTA reporting.
- Truck licensing, title transfers, DOT driver file review, and DOT compliance.
- Coordinate daily/weekly equipment utilization reporting with accounting.
- Coordinate equipment moves as required with outside transport companies.
- Work with outsourced trucking as required maintaining efficiencies.
- Assist with securing equipment rentals as needed. Report and track as required.
- Work with accounting to set up newly acquired equipment in systems, and maintain equipment photo log.
- Maintain project schedule using HCSS Dispatch software showing equipment and personnel deployment.
- Review and research new and existing transportation vendors and programs to reduce, replace, and improve upon transportation costs.
- Keep Superintendents, Foremen, and drivers informed of tasks and situations so as to proactively update schedules. Ensure Heavy Job access as required by this group.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations that occur throughout the work day.
- Monitor and communicate to the Superintendents/Foremen any upcoming challenges or changes in deliveries, scheduling, etc.
- Manage the yard crew to ensure efficiency, organization, and quality in all aspects associated with the yard. Coordinate yard organization with Crane Dispatch.
- Receive/verify and maintain inventory of various small tools/supplies, and miscellaneous construction materials.
- Maintain yard in an orderly fashion, operate heavy equipment as needed, and manage snow removal operations.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- Must be a team player promoting positive employee relations while treating all employees with dignity and respect.
- Administer discipline in a fair and consistent manner.
- Open, honest and consistent communicator.
- Must be comfortable using computer and applicable software with emphasis on HCSS Dispatch.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with your peers, staff, customers, and vendors at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be an independent thinker and able to take/give directions from/to others.
- Must be organized, meet deadlines and communicate with those requesting project help.
- Valid driver’s license required with a class A CDL preferred.
Landwehr Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.